Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Color Me Monday

Photobucket

The challenge this week for Color Me Monday was to use the colors Indian Corn Blue, Cocoa, Sweet Leaf, and Buttercup. In addition to these colors we were challenged to try using something ruffled on our project. I've been wanting to make the cute little ruffled ribbon flowers for quite some time and decided now would be a great time to try. I definitely need a lot more practice, but for a first try, not too bad I suppose. ;)

The scalloped square is a scrap metal self-adhesive frame from Pressed Petals. It started out an off white color and I painted it with Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint mixed with Buttercup re-inker. The end result is paler than I would like and seems more like a cream color than yellow. I do however like the shimmer that it added. The ribbon flower is topped off with a Pewter Filigree Charm from CTMH. The B&T paper is from Magic Moments and the stamp set is Enjoy The Journey. Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Martha said...

its adorable ;)

Alanna said...

THis is so pretty. I love the frame.

Andrea Ewen said...

Very pretty card, love the flower at the bottom with the filigree brad. Nice job!

CathyRose said...

Nice work on the challenge! You rocked it!

gale said...

Cute card! You did a great job using those colors together.