Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Heart2Heart Challenge #1

I finally got around to creating last weeks color challenge from the Heart2Heart blog. I finished this Sunday night and have finally had a chance to take a picture and upload it. At first I wasn't going to do this challenge since it is a color challenge and I struggle with them so much. Like many others, the colors to be used seemed perfect for the Something Splendid stamp set (the upcoming August Stamp of the Month). Colors used are Sweet Leaf, Chocolate, and Sunflower. I used antique copper brads to add dimension to the center of the flower. There is also some glitter glue on the flower...it's just hard to see in the pic.

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Beautiful! I love belly bands! The sunflower is gorgeous, the brads really make it pop!

CathyRose said...

What a great way to turn a simple candle into a beautiful gift or decoration! Beautifully done!

gale said...

This is beautiful. What a neat idea.