Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Heart2Heart Challenge #2

This week's challenge on the Heart2Heart blog is a 1.2.3. challenge. The rules are to use 1 stamp, 2 different B&T (background & texture) papers, and 3 embellishments (all the same or three different).

I found these cute notebooks at Michael's in the dollar spot. The little one was clearance and was only 25 cents! I love a good bargain! ;) I was worried that the colors of the notebooks would be too bright but found that the Boom-Di-Ada paper really went well with them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the larger notebook I use the A Posy stamp set with hand stitching for the stem & leaves (done free hand). The button and ribbon make my 2nd & 3rd embellishments. If you're really paying attention, you'll notice a 4th embellishment...I just couldn't resist adding some Stardust Glitz around the flower. :-D

On the little one, I used the Smiles stamp set, with my three embellishments being the button, the sparkle in the center of the flower, and glitter glue. I did cheat a little and technically use 2 stamps on this one since I also stamped the stem/leaves of the flower. I just wasn't up for more hand stitching. LOL

I plan on selling these at the craft show I'll be at this weekend. It was nice to make an excuse to play while doing something fun! If you get a chance, I encourage you to play along with the Heart2Heart challenges.

11 comments:

Mary said...

One of my favorite projects - altered notebooks. These are adorable! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart!

Katy said...

Cute!! Thanks for playing along this week...good luck at he Craft Fair and have FUN!

Amy said...

Oh these are great projects. Love Boom-di-ada! So cute!!

Tammy said...

I love the colors for your projects! You did a super job putting it all together.

Naomi said...

Fun!!! Love the large altered book! And I love the bargain, too! I am all about a good deal!

Lorrinda said...

Sweet notebooks! This gender neutral paper is perfect for this kind of project.

Carol Labuski said...

great job on the notebooks! thanks for joining in this week!

Angela said...

The hand stitching is so precious! I love these notebooks!

Helen Onulak said...

Adorable! Funny...I just came across some Boom-Di-Ada scraps yesterday and was wondering what to do with them - this is PERFECT!

gale said...

These came out really cute! The colors go perfectly.

The Mama Monkey said...

Love the colors! That paper pack is one of my very favorites!