Saturday, April 10, 2010

Oh Scraps!

Do you ever end up with piles and piles of scraps that you just don't know what to do with? Or perhaps have a paper pack that you love so much you can't bear to just leave the scraps laying there? Well as promised, here are the projects I made with the scraps and leftover embellishments from my Miracle Kit layouts for National Scrapbooking Month.

Photobucket
It seems like I always am making composition books for everyone else and then don't make one for me. I love love love to read, but never seem to have any one place to write down book suggestions that people give me. So I made this to jot down notes of books that I want to read and I can check them off as I read them. This will be especially helpful when reading multiple books by the same author. :)
Photobucket
The flower is a CTMH dimensional element that I embossed using the Something Splendid stamp set and then rubbed bamboo ink over it. The butterfly is a Colonial White Just Blooms that I sponged in Crystal Blue ink and then added glitter. I glittered the Colonial white brads that came in the Miracle Kit by dipping in Liquid Glass and then in glitter and then Liquid Glass again to seal.

Photobucket
The flower was made by using the negative space from a My Stickease flower that came in the kit. I used a bit of powder so the back wouldn't be sticky and then placed it on some cardstock and sponged Crystal Blue ink. I cut it out and placed it on my card and covered with Liquid Glass.
Photobucket
I created the butterfly on this one the same way as the flower on the previous card. I added a small My Stickease to the center of it and then added some Stardust Glitz over the small butterfly and along the edges.

Photobucket
I used the Smiles stamp set and some ribbon & sparkles from my stash.

Photobucket
The butterfly was created once again with the negative image from the My Stickease except that before I sponged the ink, I clear embossed a background using the Adorable Backgrounds stamp set. The sentiment is from the A Little Everything stamp set.

Photobucket
I added a couple of Just Blooms and once again glittered the brads. The blue flower behind the Just Blooms was created the same way as the butterfly in the previous card. The sentiment once again is from A Little Everything.

I've saved my two favorite cards for last!

Photobucket
I used to be really afraid of "white space" in my cards, but am slowly learning that less sometimes really is more. :) The image is from an upcoming Summer 2010 stamp set called Beary Busy. I just love the images in this set and I am quite sure you'll see even more of it in my artwork. I used the gamsol technique and prismacolor pencils for coloring. There's a touch of liquid glass on the flowers and her hat.

Photobucket
I had one little 1 1/4"x 3 1/2" scrap leftover when I was done with my notebook and the A2 cards. I just couldn't bear to throw it out so I made this little 3x3 card with it. This image is also from Beary Busy and I used the gamsol technique again. In my caffeine deprived haze this morning I grabbed the wrong color of green to create grass at the bottom of the image and it turned out a little too bright. It'll make a cute gift tag though. :)

Sorry for doing such a looooong post, but I wanted to showcase these projects together. I find it really amazing what you can do with a small pile of scraps and a few extra sheets of cardstock. I only added 1 sheet of Bamboo cardstock for the back of my composition book and 3 sheets of Colonial White for the card bases. I added a few embellishments out of my stash, but overall, it was all leftover from everything that came in the Miracle Kit. Oh, and I still have 17 Colonial White Bitty Brads leftover. :-D

9 comments:

Lela said...

Absolutely adorable! All of your cards are GREAT! I do love that stamp set! It's on my wish list! TFS!

Denise said...

WONDERFUL IDEAS!!! TFS them - can't wait to try them out myself now! (I usually ignore the stickease, but you inspired me to try them!)

Dawn said...

this is an amazing use of scraps! i love that the color pallette is so close on all of them!

scrappinmominky said...

Great way to use scraps. These are all great.

Deb S. said...

WOW--you have totally been busy girl!! I love all these cards!

CathyRose said...

Wow, you have been creating! I love that you used scraps. Great work, thanks so much for sharing all the great ideas!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh scraps! Yes, I have those too! What great use you made of them! The flower on the negative space is awesome girl!

Cheryl Even said...

Great use of all your scraps. It's amazing that you got a journal cover and all those cards out of the left-overs from the kit. Wow! Plus they all look carefully thought-out, not thrown together. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

gale said...

Great cards! I love how you used up so many scraps. I need to do that too.