Thursday, May 27, 2010

Coordinating Gift Bag & Card

My middle daughter turned 14 today. I needed a gift bag and was dismayed to find that all I had was too big or too small or was Christmas themed. LOL Fortunately I had a few plain white ones in my scrapping stash. :) K absolutely LOVES bright colors. Well all colors and lots of them for that matter. She has such a wacky and fun personality that well, colors are just her. She especially loves pink & green....a girl after my own heart!

Anyway, with the crazy busy day I've had, I was short on time but needed to whip something up. I kept the bag plain, but used the scraps to make a matching card. It was worth the time it took....when she saw it a few minutes ago when she came home from school I got a BIG hug and a "thanks, I LOVE it!" out of her. :-D

It's hard to tell in the pics, but the cupcake "frosting" has white glitter over it. I used liquid glass on the cherry.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Papers: K & Company, SU
Stamps: TAC (cupcake - don't remember the name of the set), SU Whimsical Words
Inks: SU Melon Mambo, Memento Tuxedo Black
Misc: Martha Stewart Glitter, Organdy Ribbon, Liquid Glass

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Love this!! It is adorable!
Have a great night!!
Lisa

Naomi said...

Now, THAT is what a great gift bag is all about! LOVIN' IT!!! The card is adorable. I just bet she did love it. You are really talented:)

gale said...

What a great idea!! Love the bag AND the card.