Saturday, May 29, 2010

Paint Storage Solution

I've been trying to come up with a solution for storing the Making Memories paints I love to use when I make altered items. It comes in so handy for painting chipboard and other things. I started out with only a few bottles of the paint, only for me to fall in love with it and of course quickly collected quite a few more of them! I found this hatbox/suitcase thingy at my LSS on clearance quite a while ago. Hoarder that I am, I just knew I could find something to do with it. ;) It's amazing what you can do with some paint, mod-podge, paper, and embellishments! I had fun working on this. It was nice to do a project just for me. I used the sketch challenge from Our Creative Corner but as usual I'm a day late and a dollar short for meeting the deadline and they already have another sketch up. Oh well, it was fun. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Papers: CTMH Cherry-O, CTMH Heavenly Blue & White Daisy Cardstock
Stamps: CTMH Bowl of Cherries
Inks: CTMH Tulip, Sweet Leaf, and Heavenly Blue, Versamark
Misc: CTMH Clear Embossing Powder, Liquid Glass, Prisma Glitter, Martha Stewart Glitter, SU Oval and Scalloped Oval Punches, Cricut Mini-Monograms Cartridge (for circle and scalloped circle), Self-stick Rhinestones (unknown brand), White Karen Foster Scrapper's Floss, Buttons, Mod-Podge, Making Memories Paint (Sky Blue & Celery)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Love this idea! Pretty, space saving and just great!!
Lisa

Naomi said...

AMAZING!!! What a great idea to decorate your own storage! I rarely get to make anything just for me. GREAT job on this! And you sound like me, you'll get it done, but a day late...LOL! Hey, we're doing it, that's all that matters:)

Mod Podge Amy said...

Oh goodness, this is so cute!

CathyRose said...

That looks fabulous and what a clever way to keep your paint handy.

gale said...

What a cute card. Love the paint idea-I have a bunch of those paints and have never even used them. I should probably get them out and play.