Friday, May 21, 2010

Tri-shutter Birthday Card

Our oldest daughter turned 17 this week. So I've been a little busy and very lazy when it comes to posting! I whipped up this card for her. Unlike most teenagers, she actually appreciates a homemade card - and likes to make them as well. :) Anyways, she loves polka dots and she loves bright colors - especially against black, to make them pop. Believe it or not, I used all scraps for this card. Well if you consider anything less than a full sheet of paper or cardstock a scrap. My largest "scrap" was the piece of black cardstock (6"x12"). I'm glad to say that she loved it, and I loved the way her face lit up. She is such a fabulous daughter and I am soooooo glad to have her!!!

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Papers: Bo Bunny Shabby Princess Papers, Bazill Black CS. CTMH Tulip CS, CTMH Sunny Yellow CS
Stamps: CTMH Treasures of the Heart, CTMH Cherish the Moment
Inks: CTMH Tulip, CTMH Sunny Yellow
Misc: Satin Ribbon, CTMH Bitty Brad & Bigger Brads, Prima Flowers, CTMH Just Blooms (dyed with homemade glimmer mist), Yellow Textured Ribbon, Making Memories Pin, Buttons, Karen Foster Scrappers Floss, Prismacolor Markers, Glitter.

1 comment:

gale said...

This is beautiful!! I love the color combo.