Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June's Card Workshop

We did three cards this month, using glitter, flocking, and flower soft. As I said in a previous post, I think Flower Soft is a bit pricey, so I only bought one small container. I am sure it will last quite a while since a little goes a very long way. I confess though I think it adds a bit more dimension and texture than flocking does. I've been using glitter for ages, and have used different types of glitter in my card classes before, but this time I showed how to use sticky strip and glitter to get a nice crisp and uniform stripe of glitter on a card. All in all, pretty simple, but it went well.

Flower Soft Card
Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Papers: CTMH Daydream Lvl. 2 paper pack, Hollyhock & Spring Iris Cardstock
Stamps: CTMH Beary Busy
Inks: CTMH Hollyhock & Spring Iris, Memento Tuxedo Black
Misc: Flower Soft, Liquid Glass, Prismacolor Markers


Fun Flock Card
Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Papers: CTMH You Rock Lvl. 2 Paper Pack, Goldrush Cardstock
Stamps: CTMH Life's A Jungle
Inks: CTMH Outdoor Denim & Goldrush, Memento Tuxedo Black
Misc: Studio G Fun Flock, Liquid Glass, Ribbon from The Ribbon Retreat, Googly Eyes


Glitter Card
Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Papers: CTMH Boom-Di-Ada Lvl.2 & Creative Basics Paper Packs, Hollyhock Cardstock
Stamps: CTMH Sweetness of Summer (retired)
Inks: CTMH Hollyhock, Garden Green
Misc: Martha Stewart Glitter, Sticky Strip, Liquid Glass, SU Melon Mambo Marker, CTMH Black Marker

10 comments:

Nancy Keller said...

Hi Jenn! Just stopped by to see what you're up to. Of all your projects I think I love your altered notebooks best - I know that I treasure mine :) I love love the use of the flower soft on the bear stamp! I have been eyeballing flower soft for a while and I have been trying to decide if I "need" some. Thanks for showing such a great use of it! Hope your summer is great!

Martha said...

how cute, oh i have that lion, so cute!
need to get it out again lol

gale said...

cute cards. Love that lion with the googly eyes! lol

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Love these! The flower soft looks lovely on the flowers. I always forget about using that for some reason and love it when I see other people do it. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Cheryl Even said...

What a fun workshop! I love your cards, especially the bear. He looks like such a sweetheart. TFS.

Louise said...

These are awesome, love the summery watermelon one, cheers me up on a gloomy winters day here.

The Mama Monkey said...

Glad to hear it went well! All the projects are so cute! Love the glitter on the watermelon!

CathyRose said...

Great projects! Love the glitter! I have never tried the flower soft. It does seem pricey, it certainly looks great on the cards.

Traci said...

These are so cute! I love the flowers on the bear card and that adorable watermelon card! They look like they were alot of fun to make!

Naomi Ball said...

What a great class! I love the glitter on the Sticky Strip, what a great idea!