Sunday, June 27, 2010

Patriotic Composition Books

My mother-in-law works with someone who has a son over in Afghanistan right now. The whole department decided to show support and collect items for a care package to be sent over to his entire unit. My mil asked me to make a few things for the care package and these are what I came up with. I'll also show junior legal pads and matching cards in another post that were made specifically for the women in his unit. Although they are quite simple, I really enjoyed making these. Of course I could be biased a bit since the 4th of July is my favorite holiday. :) I am so grateful to the men & women who serve our country and to their families who make so many sacrifices as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

CathyRose said...

The notebooks are a thoughtful addition to the care packages. I love the patriotic theme!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, what a great project for them! I am sure they will appreciate the time you took to make them!

gale said...

These are cool! And what a great idea!