Monday, July 5, 2010

Scrap My Scraps Challenge - Round 3

Erin over at Inky Smiles hosted a Scrap My Scraps challenge recently. Rather than mailing everyone out an envelope of scraps for this round, everyone received stamped images & sentiments, along with the following rules:

1.) Use at least two of the images (must use larger image included).
2.) Use at least one sentiment.
3.) Incorporate stitching of some sort.
4.) Incorporate additional decorative fibers (non-paper).
5.) Use 1-2 pieces of metal.
6.) Make it pop. Use some dimensional adhesives (pop dots, tabs, foam tape, etc).
7.) Have FUUUUN!!!!!

Sounds pretty easy, huh? Have I mentioned that I am seriously challenged in the masculine cards category? Yep, the images & quotes were fishing related. Although I grew up around my dad and uncles fishing quite often and I love to eat fish....that's where my love of fishing ends. LOL Anyways, I do love a good challenge and put my thinking hat on. This is what I came up with.....

Photobucket

My card is based on a Papertake Weekly Sketch Challenge. Sometimes I am quite picky about sketch challenges, but this one for some reason just spoke to me. I think I may actually make a few more cards with this sketch and perhaps a couple of notebooks too. :)

I colored the image in with Prismacolor Pencils using the Gamsol Technique. I put a bit of liquid glass on his sunglasses and the bobber. I tried using white glitter on his teeth to give him some pearly whites but alas it just looks like he has braces on. ROFL I used the SU Ticket Corner punch and added brads in the corners. The card size is 6x6. I used CTMH Dutch Blue textured cardstock for the base. I love that one side of the cs is a lighter color than the other. So the interior of the card isn't so dark that I can't write on the inside of it. I added my second image and sentiment to the inside. I also used a touch of liquid glass on the eyes of the fish. The background cardstock has been sanded down to distress it. The stitching was done by hand using DMC Floss.

Photobucket
Inside of Card...
Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Stamps: Unknown
Papers: CTMH Dutch Blue Textured CS, CTMH Cocoa CS, CTMH Rustic Trail LVL 2 Paper Pack
Inks: CTMH Cocoa, Olive
Misc: CTMH Brads, Hemp, Liquid Glass, Martha Stewart White Glitter, Prismacolor Pencils, DMC Floss, SU Punch

4 comments:

gale said...

This is so cute and funny!!

CathyRose said...

Very cute! I have to admire you for getting all the challenge items on the card. I am terrible at that. Great card!

Cheryl Even said...

Wow, that challenge doesn't sound easy at all. Kudos to you for completing all the requirements and coming up with such a cute card when it's really out of your comfort zone.

Naomi Ball said...

I no longer think you can say you can't do masculine cards! This is great! The papers are all perfect, I love the image, and the coloring is wonderful! The fish on the inside is great!