Friday, July 2, 2010

Wonderful Friend Notebook

I used the Wonderful Friend stamp set from CTMH to create this notebook for my father-in-law for his birthday recently. Little by little I am becoming more comfortable making masculine items. I guess I just need to have more of a selection of masculine stamps and papers. Oooh, I just gave myself permission to shop for new goodies. LOL Anyway, overall I am quite happy with how it turned out and my fil loved it. He said he was afraid to actually write it in because it looks so nice. :) My only regret is that I need to get it through my thick head that liquid glass and crackle accents cause ink to run. Ugh!

Photobucket
The tag with the "B" on it (his name is Bruce) is a CTMH Colonial White Mini-Medley Accent. I held it with tweezers, heated with my heat gun and then dipped it in gold embossing powder. I did this to each side, careful not to get it in the middle. I just repeated as often as needed till I got the look I wanted. I had stamped the "B" in Ocean ink, edged the cs with Desert Sand Ink and then adhered it to the middle of the tag. I then covered it with Crackle Accents. As it dried, the ink bled and feathered. I then tried going over the top of the crackle accents when it was dry with a gold paint pen trying to get it to look more crisp. I think I'll just go with a neutral staz-on ink next time I try something like this. I put a little hemp through the tag. The tag and the sentiment are pop dotted for added dimension.

Photobucket
The pocket watch stamp is embossed in gold embossing powder and liquid glass was put over the "face" of it.

Oh, the papers used are Sarsparilla from CTMH along with CTMH's Colonial White, Ocean, and Desert Sand Cardstock.

2 comments:

gale said...

This is perfect for a guy!! I love that plaid.

Naomi Ball said...

Very cool!