Saturday, August 7, 2010

Color Challenge Card.....Finally

Yeah, I know, it's about time. Life has just been crazy. Anyways, here is the card I created for the color challenge that I presented a couple of weeks ago. I made this card for our friends to say thank you for hosting our family for the weekend recently. Okay, well nearly a month ago now. I'm telling you, time just goes by way too quickly!!! :-D

I created the background by stamping the "stitching" on glossy cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Then using post it notes to mask off each area, I sponged the ink on until I got the intensity of color I wanted. I really like how it turned out. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Papers: CTMH Key To My Heart paper pack, Spring Iris CS, Buttercup CS.
Inks: CTMH Spring Iris, Buttercup, Sweet Leaf, Sorbet, Memento Tuxedo Black.
Stamps: CTMH Togetherness, Delight In Everything, Thank You
Misc: Liquid Glass, Tim Holtz Acrylic Tag, Ribbon, CTMH Brads.

4 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Very nice card. You did a great job with your background.

gale said...

That came out really neat! I love how you did the background and the shiny flowers.

Cheryl Even said...

What a cool color combo, and I love what you've done with it. Thanks also for the tip on masking the sections before inking. Looks great!

Naomi Ball said...

Love this one!