Friday, September 3, 2010

Baby Blanket

I know, it's not paper related, but one of my other passions besides ink & paper is crocheting. I also knit, but I crochet much more quickly than I knit. I suppose I just need more practice. :) Anyway, I started this blanket back in May for our newest niece who was born at the end of May. The weather turned rather cool a few days ago (averaging about 45 degrees in the morning when I get up) and so it's been perfect weather to pop in an audio book and crochet the day away. I had forgotten how relaxing it can be to do that. I've also finished a hat (that I forgot to take a picture of before donating it to the humanitarian efforts of our church), and I've started two more baby blankets (one to donate and one for my cousin's baby girl who is due in a couple of months). I'll post pics of the other blankets when I eventually get them finished.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I did granny squares in a multi-color yarn and green then stitched them together. I then used the white & pink colors from the multi-color yarn to go around the edges to add to the size. I finished it off with a simple scalloped border in green.

5 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Nice blanket. Really like the pretty, 'soft' looking colors.

CathyRose said...

This is gorgeous! I really admire this skill. I have absolutely no talent with yarn. Beautifully done!

Denise said...

GORGEOUS!!

Naomi Ball said...

Wow! I have no fabric talent, so I am in awe of this! It's beautiful!

gale said...

Beautiful blanket. I know how to crochet but I don't have the patience anymore.