Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Knitted Wristlets Pattern

I had a request for the pattern for these and figured I'd just post it here just in case anyone else wants it too. :)

The basic pattern can be found here. The "lace" edge and flower were not part of the pattern. I just felt I needed to add a little bling to them. After all, you know how I am about the bling. ;)

For the lace edge:

Complete pattern according to directions. Using a crochet hook that is suitable for the weight of the yarn you are using, you are going to single crochet, chain two, double crochet, double crochet into every 3rd stitch on the arm end of the wristlet.

For the flower:

Round 1: Chain 5, join into a ring with a slip stitch in first stitch of chain.

Round 2: Chain 3 (counts as first DC), work 9 double crochet in ring, join to top of chain w/slip stitch -- 10 double crochet total

Round 3: **Chain 2, work 3 double crochet in next stitch, chain 2, slip stitch in next stitch** Repeat 5 times (for 5 petals). Fasten off.

I added a button to the center of my flower before stitching it to my wristlets. The flower pattern is also the same one I use when making flowers out of the really thin cotton yarn for my cards and scrapbook pages.

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Thanks so much for sharing the pattern - and for sharing your great additions to the pattern. :)

Nancy Keller said...

Jenn your knitting is just wow!!! I love it! I would love a scrap day. :) I could use a great CTMH mentor too :) I love their stuff - I am still such a baby consultant! I still have one of your altered notebooks and I think of you every time I use it. yay!