Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Poor Blog...

I've been so neglectful. This has been due to about 3/5 being uber busy and about 2/5 laziness. I've had pics on my camera all week long now and just haven't had the desire to download and update. I've also been breathing a sigh of relief after completing 2 1/2 dozen Christmas cards last week that were requested for consignment. Then of course there's this knitting/crocheting addiction that I have. As if a paper crafting addiction wasn't enough. Sheesh there just aren't enough hours in the day.

On Monday evening I went to the 2nd part of the cabled neckwarmer knitting class. Finished said neckwarmer on Tuesday. I still however need to sew the buttons on so I can take a pic of it and hopefully not take another week before I post it! It also snowed ALL day long on Monday. So our Fall decorations on the front porch look just a wee bit incongruous with all of the snow...especially since our neighbors put up their Christmas decorations before the weather turned nasty. LOL

Here's a pic I took on Tuesday morning of our side yard. It was a nice wet snow so it stuck to the branches rather quite nicely and I just love the way it looks.
Photobucket

Now for something a little crafty. As I've mentioned before I am in a SU hostess club. These are the cards that we made for October.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The top note die, snowflake, and the window punch were all punched/cut out of an empty (washed & dried) aluminum soda can. I just love how they turned out. The top note die was also run through the Big Shot with an embossing folder. I honestly never would've thought to do that...not only to make my own metal embellishments, but to also emboss them. I foresee more metal embellishments in my card making future. Of course my Pepsi addiction will help with that. :)

Meanwhile I'm going to work on getting caught up on posting again. After all, I have 2 1/2 dozen Christmas cards to post as well as a couple of cards from the technique club that I teach. That should keep me in card posts for a couple of weeks. Until next time, happy scrapping!

2 comments:

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Snow?! Oh boy, I guess it's just right around the corner for us too. I love the embossed metal idea on the soda cans! That's brilliant and it looks so nice. I'll have to give it a whirl since I can never get enough of the Big Shot :)

gale said...

Very pretty. Love that embossed metallic. Looks very cool.