Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November Technique/Card Club Cards

Snowmen seemed an appropriate theme for November's cards being that we received several inches of snow the day before card club this month. LOL

I taught the ladies how to do a shaving cream background for this card. Very messy but oh so much fun! There is a tutorial on SCS and can be found here. As you can see on the tutorial, you can use multiple colors of re-inker. We only used one color for our card.
Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Paper: CTMH White Daisy & Outdoor Denim Cardstock
Stamps: CTMH Snow Friends
Inks: CTMH Outdoor Denim & Crystal Blue, Memento Tuxedo Black
Misc: Ribbon & Stickles


For this card we used a bleaching technique. Super stinky but way cool! I can't claim to have had the original idea....I got the idea this past summer from Tresa Black's blog Fabulously Artsy. It was one of those ideas that I just simply let go to the back of my mind and it has been surfacing on and off since then. This is what I ended up doing with it. It's hard to tell in the pic, but his hat and scarf are popped up with dimensional squares.
Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Papers: CTMH White Daisy & Twilight
Stamps: CTMH All Decked Out
Inks: CTMH Crystal Blue & Twilight, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Misc: Stickles, sequin snowflakes, brads, clear embossing powder

4 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Cute snowmen. Really like the glittery hat & scarf. And the shaving cream technique makes a nice 'wintery' background.

Knitting is Gluten Free said...

Shaving cream background! Fascinating. It is beautiful -- messy as it may be, it really sounds like fun.

By the way, did I mention that when I was a kid, I used to empty my grandfather's can of shaving cream on a regular basis . . . despite knowing that I'd get in trouble for it? There's just something so addicting about that stuff!

Thanks for the fun blog post.

Warmest holiday wishes,
Lee
Lee Bernstein knittingisglutenfree.com

The Mama Monkey said...

Lesson #1 with bleaching...don't wear a dark colored shirt that you love. I am not sure why I know that...:(

I love both of your cards! I think I need to try that shaving cream technique! Although even now I can't keep my girls out of the embossing powder...

gale said...

These are both so cute! I love glittery snowmen.