Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cabled Neckwarmer

This project is the end result of a class I took recently at The Yarn Connection. I took it mainly because I wanted to learn how to do cables. I discovered that they are much easier than they look! I was very pleasantly surprised to say the least. :-D I also learned how to do a seed stitch. I had heard the term many times but didn't really know what it was. This is a Christmas present for a much loved family member so I won't say who just in case she is reading my blog. The yarn is Baby Alpaca Grande and is so warm, soft, and smooshy. It's the kind of yarn that you just want to smoosh between your fingers and to pet. I managed to get Em to model for me. She has kind of a goofy smirk on her face because what you can't see is her sister is behind me taunting her and daring her not to smile. LOL I plan on making a few more of these for Christmas gifts. They go perfectly with the ribbed headband I posted a while back.

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Your neckwarmer looks very nice. The cables look great. That is something that I have not tried yet, but I have heard that it is easy. And I have no idea what a seed stitch is. lol

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh yes, yes they are! OK, I want this too. And I just now saw the PM on SCS. Apparently I did not receive the notification...or it maybe went to my junk folder. :( I will get measuring! And no hurry...after Christmas is good. It will be cold here for a long time.

gale said...

I need some of these too! Are you selling them? PM me at scs if you are.

Carolyn said...

What a nice neckwarmer!
Merry Christmas my friend!!

Knitting is Gluten Free said...

I've been wanting to do a cable project, and this looks like a good one -- not too many cables, not too long to knit. Thanks for posting this, Jean. I just might give this one a try.

Beautiful job.

Knitting is Gluten Free said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Knitting is Gluten Free said...

PS: . . . or something similar. Is the pattern available online, do you know? Or, I'm sure I can find something similar on Ravelry. Thanks for the inspiration.