Monday, January 31, 2011

Playing Catch-up

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I was going to post a little over a week ago and then ended up going out of town at the last minute for my grandma's funeral. I was gone for a week and am hoping to get my head screwed on straight and get caught up on some things. When I came home last night I had a package waiting for me from a Valentine's Swap that I'm in on Ravelry. Claudia (a.k.a. delights on Rav) did a great job of putting it all together and the things she made for me are just wonderful. It all put a much needed smile on my face.

ValSwap-a

ValSwap-e

ValSwap-potholders
The potholders match my kitchen perfectly. Also what you can't see in the pic are the beautiful cards she made for me. One of the heart pouches has cards in it and then there is the one that can be seen....it's a pouch with a see through window and holds a package of pea seeds and has a tag that says "peas be mine". So clever! The top of the cupcake opens up is a great place to hold little trinkets. I'll share pics hopefully next week of what I am sending her for the swap (after she receives it of course). Meanwhile, stay tuned and I'm sure I'll get caught up on posts eventually.

3 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

So am I, girl!! Nice package you got, but mine was better!!! I LOVE my knitted goods! So soft! TY TY TY!! MWAH!!

gale said...

What a great haul!!

scrappinmominky said...

Great stuff. Love how cute everything is. Sorry about your grandma.