Saturday, February 12, 2011

Headband & Neckwarmer Sets

I have now made quite a few of these sets since taking the classes on them in October and November at The Yarn Connection. The weight of the yarn does indeed do matter. The sets I made for my girls are made of a thicker yarn and while the girls love them, I think they are a little big. Of course it doesn't help that they like to wear the headbands forward more like a hat. LOL I do however absolutely LOVE the way the thicker yarn makes the cables really stand out on the neckwarmer. I used Lion Brand Hometown USA yarn for these.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I made this set for Siobhan otherwise known as The Mama Monkey. These are so quick & easy to make. I used Loops & Threads Charisma yarn for this set. The buttons are handcrafted by a local artisan and look so gorgeous on against the cream color of the neckwarmer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one was made for the wife of my one my hubby's coworkers. She wanted just the neckwarmer. I have also made a headband for my mom recently but forgot to take a pic of it before mailing it off. LOL I also used Loops & Threads Charisma for this one. The buttons are from Michael's. It's hard to tell in the pic, but they go perfectly with the color of yarn. The buttons are a lighter shade of purple with with lavender/pink flowers. The pic really doesn't do them justice.

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Nancy Keller said...

WOW Jen these are beautiful and so warm looking! I am so tired of the cold!!! Are you taking orders for these? Because wow, I want a set. :)

scrappinmominky said...

Wow!!! those are awesome. Are you selling them?

You have some pretty cute girls too. They look so cute modeling for you.

The Mama Monkey said...

I was thinking as I read the start of the post that was the pattern I got!! I LOVE it!!! :)

Denise said...

These are so pretty! You're very talented!

Carolyn said...

So pretty and looks very warm! Are you taking orders? TFS

gale said...

Beautiful! They do look like hats, but I saw a lady at my dd's dance with a really wide crochet headband like that and it was really cute on her-she liked that it was warm.