Monday, February 21, 2011

Trash to Treasure Swap (Part 1)

This week I am going to be sharing the goodies that I made for my swap partner (Claudia), in the Trash to Treasure Valentine's Swap on Ravelry. I was really nervous about what to make for her. I consider her to be a super talented woman....she knits, crochets, sews, makes cards and is just an all around creative woman. She said in her swap questionnaire that what she wanted most was whatever her swap partner was really good at making. Well that was settled then...what did I do? I went to my scrappin' space and got busy!

She mentioned in her swap questionnaire that for thematic elements she likes shoes, cupcakes, and flowers. One of the first things I found was this adorable bag to package all the swap items in.

Photobucket

The next thing I did was to make her a nugget box.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I made her a candy tube.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And decorated this adorable little bucket I found at the thrift store for 50 cents. It's filled with Werther's Original Candies, as is the candy tube above.

Photobucket

In keeping with the trash to treasure theme of recycling, reusing, repurposing, etc, I did my best to use as little new supplies as possible on these projects. I started with a new sheet of paper for the top of the nugget box and the candy tube, but had very little usable scraps by the time I was done. :) The bottom of the nugget box, and the hearts on the bucket were done out of scraps. The satin ribbon on the nugget box was saved from a bag of gluten free licorice my hubby gave me at Christmas. I thought it was too pretty to throw out and definitely long enough to use on something. :) I was actually kind of bummed when he bought some more gf licorice for Valentine's Day that the candy store didn't tie the bag with more pretty ribbon! LOL I used scraps when making the topper on the candy tube. The candy tube itself is a CTMH ribbon rounds container that I saved.

I'll be posting more swap pics this week. So please stay tuned.

5 comments:

gale said...

Wow, those are all so cute! They go perfectly with the bag too!

Dawn said...

thatis an adorable idea and your projects are just perfection!

scrappinmominky said...

These are all so cute. Love the idea of either using all scraps or using up the whole sheet of paper. I have way too many scraps laying around

Jennifer Schmidt said...

This is SO adorable!! She must have loved it :) You were so creative with each piece of it. I love that tin can with the hearts and ribbons!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, I bet she was THRILLED! So much love and attention to detail!