Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tunisian Crochet Washcloths

One of my favorite things to knit or crochet when I have the time is washcloths for my kitchen. I adore them. They scrub dishes clean like nothing else but also feel good in your hands. This is the first time I have used Tunisian Crochet to make them. It's kind of like a combination of knitting and crocheting and makes a really fabulous, thick material when you're done.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I only recently taught myself a couple of Tunisian Crochet stitches. You Tube has some excellent videos on it. The video below is probably one of my favorites because she goes slowly and you can clearly see what she is doing. :)

2 comments:

gale said...

Those are so cool. I need to try making some for myself.

Silly Little Sheep said...

Iam just learning Tunisian crochet myself and exactly from this video!! :) It is really easy and it is one of the first videos that pop out when you search Tunisian crochet through Google. Your washcloths are wonderful!! :)