Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Can I have a "do-over" pretty please?

Do you ever have one of those weeks where you wish you could just do it all over and it turn out better with the do over? Well that has been the past week for me. I have been insanely busy. I feel like I have just been chasing my tail and getting absolutely nothing done. Then to add insult to injury, I accidentally ate gluten last week and that made for a horrendous few days. I believe I've mentioned before that I do some humanitarian aid volunteer work each week. A couple of weeks ago I picked up a free pattern at the craft store for the adorable newborn hats below.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love it when I find a pattern that is not only free, but works. There's nothing worse than finding a pattern you love and then having it be full of errors. Of course even one error is enough to make you want to pull your hair out. ;) These little hats will be put in a newborn kit with booties, onesies, receiving blanket, and a quilt. The knit hat (bottom pic) is a little on the small side so I am remaking it with larger needles and it is coming along nicely. I plan on making matching booties and a tiny blanket to put with the too small knit hat for one of the bereavement kits that get put together for those that have lost their baby (usually premature).

The bright side to this week is the package I got in the mail today from greatlakesgoddess on Ravelry. I was out running some errands and my daughter sends me a text that says "you got a package and it smells really good". My first thought was "why is she sniffing my mail?". LOL Once I opened said package, there was all sort of good smelling stuff in it and my daughter clarified that the package drop box smelled like the contents of the package. I can't wait to use the bath fizzies and handmade soap!

Photobucket

Photobucket
The Scentsy Travel Tin (Cranberry Mango) will make my van smell fabulous & the sachet will do wonders for the linen closet. :)
Photobucket
I'm thinking I will make a wrap or shawl out of the gray yarn. It's super soft & I'm always cold.
Photobucket
I love love love the quotes on these tags. I am going to come up with a creative way to display them in my craft room. The cardinal tag will get put with the Christmas decorations and go on our tree.
Photobucket
It's hard to tell in the pic, but the spiral notebook & pencils have knit designs on them. I think I'll use this notebook to keep track of my knitting projects. :)
Photobucket
Last but definitely not least are the fingerless mitts she made for me. I love the vibrant color - as evidenced that they are a near perfect match to the shirt that I am wearing. I also have a sweater in this color. Can't tell it's a favorite, huh? LOL I have been freakishly cold all day long. Wearing these for only a few minutes made me all warm and toasty. They are a welcome addition to my arsenal of winter gear.

Sorry for the super long post. I do have a paper project to share either tomorrow or Friday. It's the faux tile card that I'm doing with my card club ladies this month. I hope everyone is staying warm and having a great week.

3 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

Sorry you had a bad week! I thought of you today when I wore my headband. :) LOVE IT!

gale said...

The hats are so cute! And what a great pkg you got!!

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Those sweet little blue hats are adorable and it's wonderful that you do that. That looks like quite a fun package of goodies. I can relate to feeling cold all the time because I'm the same way. My mom got me a scarf for Christmas and I didn't take it off for a week, even in the house! I hope your week is looking up.