Monday, March 14, 2011

Faux Tile Card

Well just when I thought my week couldn't get any worse, it did. So sorry for the delay in posting this. We did this card for my card club this past week. The tutorial on SCS is well done as usual. It was a little daunting to cut my nicely colored image into pieces when I was done coloring it but all turned out well. :) The image is from House Mouse. I absolutely love love love their stamps. They are so cute! I'm not sure what brand the cardstock is. The DSP is from SU. The ribbon is one of my latest bargains from DollarTree.

Photobucket

This is the original example I created for the class. I decided that I didn't like the punch I used and switched punches. I also went with a brighter color for the flowers in the 2nd and 3rd cards.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The glossy accents wasn't quite dry when I took this pic but I figured it was close enough. I changed the color of the flowerpot on this one to a more subtle color. Not sure if I like it or not, but I do love the bright yellow flowers. :)

Here's a close up of the image.

Photobucket

2 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

I LOVE this! They look so good! You did a great job coloring, too!

gale said...

What a neat effect!! That stamp is so cute too.