Friday, March 18, 2011

Really Fun Background

I learned the Ink, Spray, Smash Background Technique at the SU Hostess Club I attended this past week. I think Meranda called it something along the lines of drop, spray, splat background.....but this is all I could find on SCS for tutorials. It's pretty much the same thing. I just like the way the word splat sounds. LOL When we did it at hostess club, we stamped our image on two separate pieces of glossy cardstock and then embossed with black embossing powder. I loved that we not only ended up with two images to use, but also how the embossing really showed up against the background. It's a bit of a messy technique but well worth the mess in my humble opinion. I highly recommend giving it a try. :-D

Photobucket

4 comments:

Jennifer Schmidt said...

That looks so cool and sounds like a really fun technique to try! I love the effect it gives the background, plus it's a great name :)

The Mama Monkey said...

Yes! I want to try that! Another one of my blogger friends did that last week and it looked like a blast!! Gorgeous!

gale said...

What a neat background!! It reminds me of candy for some reason...

Knitting is Gluten Free said...

Jean, you are SO talented! Beautiful work.