Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Birthday Surprises

I recently celebrated my birthday...no, I won't tell you which one. :) It was however a good one! It was a fabulous day filled with lots of well wishes from friends and family. DH grilled steak, shrimp, and salmon for my birthday dinner. It was delicious! My good friend Karen took me out to lunch at 5 Guys Burgers & Fries. She also bought me two skeins of some really pretty purple yarn that I had actually been eyeing for quite some time. I wonder how she knew??? DH bought me Tangled on Blu-Ray, a new blue tooth headset for my cell phone, and two sets of size 4 knitting needles I wanted (1 Addi Turbo & 1 Addi Lace). So not only did I have a fabulous day, I felt spoiled rotten!

I work on humanitarian aid items every Wednesday at our LDS Stake Center. On the week of my birthday, my friend Ellen who works with me there presented me with this wonderful gluten free cake.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's about 3 inches in diameter and even opens up to hold a trinket or two. Isn't it just wonderful? Needless to say I absolutely love it. I'm beginning to think that Ellen can crochet ANYTHING. I never ceased to be amazed by her talent.

She also made this card for me and then had everyone sign it.

Photobucket

And for the last birthday surprise, another card. Nope, not one that I received....it's one I made for a fellow CTMH consultant who also just happens to share the same birthday as me. Isn't that so cool? Once we realized we have the same b-day, we have been exchanging cards every year since.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The glitter on the heart didn't turn out quite as well as I wanted but all in all I'm pleased with how it turned out. The inside says "hope you have a rockin' good birthday".

3 comments:

meranda said...

I love the cake, and the card is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

The Mama Monkey said...

That gluten free cake is darling!! :) Hope it was a good one!

gale said...

What cute treats those are!! I love your guitar card-it's beautiful!