Friday, April 29, 2011

Crayon Swap Goodies

I recently participated in another swap with the Trash to Treasures group on Ravelry. It was called a Crayon Swap and we had to choose our favorite color. Everything our swap partner sent us was to be based on that color as well as a few other guidelines as to what went in the box. Here are the wonderful items that Helen sent me.


I couldn't get the color to come out quite right on this purse she made me. It really is a bright and lovely shade of purple even if it does look blue in this picture. She made this bag out of a jacket that she had that didn't fit her. The strap is made from a faja (handwoven belt worn by the women there in Guatemala as part of their traditional Mayan clothing). It was a leftover piece from making a strap for her binoculars. I think it adds a wonderful and colorful touch to the bag. She even made a little pocket just the right size for my cell phone on the inside of the bag.
Photobucket

I absolutely adore the crocheted flower and butterfly button closure!
Photobucket

She made this little drawstring bag to hold earrings or other small items. Every part of it has been recycled from something else....even the gold cording and the beads. The outer part is from the sleeve of a blouse. I thought it was very creative! It'll be perfect for putting jewelry in when I travel.
Photobucket


I was really excited when I saw this in my package! It's a zippered pouch made from a candy bag/wrapper. Another member of our group posted a tutorial on how to make this recently and I was in awe. I would love to make one, but hate to sew and NEVER EVER EVER do anything that requires a zipper. LOL So I was extra excited to have one of these made for me! She also included a full package of these chocolate covered raisins as well as a couple of chocolate bars. Muy delicioso!
Photobucket
The inside is lined with the same fabric as the purse/bag she made me.
Photobucket


She searched my favorite items that I had marked pattern wise on Rav and chose the pattern for this scarf to make for me. I love the vibrant color of it and the feel too. It is made with mercerized cotton. I think she did a wonderful job on it and love that she took the time to make it for me.
Photobucket

Photobucket

She also made these cards for me using pictures she took of flowers growing in pots on her patio.

Photobucket

2 comments:

gale said...

What great goodies you got! I love the color of that scarf-very pretty.

scrappinmominky said...

These are all awesome. The shawl you made is also beautiful. I wish I was that creative but I guess I better stick to paper. I tried knitting once. It was not a good experience, lol.