Thursday, April 7, 2011

Trash to Treasure Prize Goodies

Can you believe I nearly forgot to share this??? I had uploaded the photos to photbucket, edited & watermarked them, and then that bout of laziness I mentioned last week must have hit because I completely forgot to post them! LOL

The Trash to Treasure group I'm in on Ravelry is celebrating having 1,000 members. I volunteered (along with a lot of other group members) to provide a prize for the 1,000 member celebration prize drawing. Many fabulous prizes were donated and I confess I have wished that I would win more than just a few of them because they are so awesome. The whole point of this group is to recycle and repurpose things and to put less in the landfills. Here is my offering of 3 cards made completely from scraps, and a cotton washcloth made out of a sweater that I bought at the thrift store and then unraveled for the yarn. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

scrappinmominky said...

Great stuff. love the washcloth that you made.

The Mama Monkey said...

Beautiful cards and seriously you are too crafty! I would never think to unravel a sweater for the yarn! You rock!

Deb said...

Great idea. Love the washcloth , really cute! The cards are beautiful!!!

gale said...

I love these! I also never would have thought to repurpose a sweater for something like that. Genius!!