Sunday, May 1, 2011

Summer Flies Shawl

I created this shawl for my swap partner Linda for the Trash to Treasures Crayon Swap. Linda loves pink and requested watermelon pink for her color. I kept searching for just the right shade of pink and finally settled for a medium pink that is almost a coral color. Yet it seemed like the right color when I saw it. I laughed when I saw the label and the color is "strawberry".

Anyway, this was my first real lace project and my first shawl. I have a love affair with shawls and have bookmarked many patterns but this is the first one I've ever made. Linda ended up absolutely loving her shawl (for which I am very grateful!). My 14 year old daughter also really really liked it and has asked me to make one for her. :)

The pattern can be found here on Ravelry. I think you have to be a member to access it though.

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

gale said...

This is so pretty!! I love the color.

scrappinmominky said...

Wow!!!!!

Leslie said...

Ooo Jenn! I love it so pretty!