Tuesday, August 30, 2011

So glad to be back!!!

It has been a crazy busy but wonderful summer! We've been home from our road trip since early July, but then had the craziness of getting our daughter ready for boot camp and throwing a going away party for her and then spending a week in Utah when she left. I miss her terribly, and felt like I was finally starting to get on an even keel only for our other two girls to start back to school this week and my thyroid medications to be messed with. So I'm back, but not sure if I'm any better! LOL

Our daughter needed thank you cards for the graduation and going away gifts that she received. I only had a couple of hours to design something and get it made. I also had an address book that was really plain that I bought with all of it's pages intact at a thrift store for a $1. I decided that it needed decorated so that she'd have her own address book since she's going off on her own. Even though the cards are super simple, after not papercrafting for a while, it felt so good to have inky fingers!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The paper is from Stamping Up (Blueberry Crisp). Cardstock is Pacifica from CTMH. The stamp used on the card is from CTMH (Thank You), and the stamp on the address book is from a $1 bin at JoAnn's. The grey satin ribbon is from DollarTree. Also used glossy accents which obviously hadn't dried yet but had to take the pic anyways because of a time crunch!

4 comments:

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Hi Jenn :) Welcome back! I'm just coming back myself. Love your beautiful thank you cards and I hope you're doing well!

CathyRose said...

Good to see you back sharing! I think a lot of us took some time off. Love the thank you notes and the address book. Very pretty!

gale said...

Wow, that image is perfect for an address/phone book! Really cute card too.

The Mama Monkey said...

Yay Jenn!! Welcome back! What a fun summer you had! These are great and the address book will surely come in handy for her!