Thursday, September 15, 2011

Knit Baby Blanket - Otherwise Known as My Eternity Blanket

I finally finished (last month) the baby blanket for charity that I started on at the beginning of summer (mid-May). I'm not sure what possessed me to think that it would be quick to knit a baby blanket. I crochet much faster than I knit, and I think I was getting tired of crocheting them. While I do both, knitting is my preferred method. :) Now to be fair, I did set this blanket down for 6-8 weeks while we prepared for, went on vacation, and attempted to recuperate from said vacation. Still, I felt like it took forever and I dubbed it my eternity blanket because it felt like it was taking an eternity to knit! I love the colors and how they pooled and striped even within the same skein of yarn. I am very grateful that the only scraps I have from this blanket is a little walnut sized ball because as much as I love the colors I'm sick of seeing the yarn! LOL

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely gorgeous! Better keep it away from Izzy...looks like something that could be the recipient of that LOOK! LOL