Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Decorated Gadget Boxes

First off, let me just say that I can't believe I haven't posted anything since October! Life just seems to have gotten away from me. I've been busy, but I've also taken the time to create. I even took pictures of my creations. I think I just got overwhelmed. I'd take a pic and think "oh I'll post later, I just don't have time to upload and edit the photos right now". Before I knew it, I had nearly 200 photos to upload, edit, and do a blog post about. Never mind all the pics I took that weren't craft related. Sigh. So anyways, I'm back and determined to get in a few posts a week till I get them all posted. Now on to some cute stuff! :)

If y'all are anything like me, you always have use of a cute box. They're great for organizing things. I bought a couple of these little 4"x6" Iris photo storage boxes to use in my knitting bag to hold gadgets, small double pointed needles, row counters, measuring tapes, and other knitting and crocheting paraphernalia. They are actually the perfect length to hold crochet hooks. But I digress. My daughter was home on leave in late October/ early November and wanted to take some crocheting stuff back to her ship with her. I went and bought her one of these little boxes and then had the brilliant idea to decorate with some paper she had admired from another project. That stroke of genius then led to me making a half dozen more of them for the two craft shows I did in November & December. Unfortunately I must not have been selling to people who saw the potential in them. I still have 4 of them left. Sigh.

Photobucket

 Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Last but not least, my favorite one. :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

gale said...

Oh cute. I never thought about decorating these types of boxes.