Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Craft Room

I've been taking pictures of my yarn stash so that I could participate in the "flash your stash" thread on Ravelry.  I figured while I was at it, I'd take pictures of my craft room since I finally moved out of the basement and into our son's old bedroom this past summer. I was tired of not having any natural light coming in & decided to take his old room over because even a north facing window is better than none. :)

The entrance to the room is in the southwest corner of the room just to the left of this pic of the west wall. The shelving unit was in place when it was DS's room and I left it there because it makes handy storage for family history books, scrapbooks, yarn, and other assorted stuff. Kinda cluttered, but overall it works.
Photobucket













I just bought an over the door hook organizer today to store my project bags. I often joke that I'm a bag lady because I love bags and always have a few around for toting stuff in. :)
Photobucket

At the far end of the west wall in the northwest corner, is my knitting corner. I store a few papercraft related items on it, but it's mostly yarn stuff.
Photobucket

In the northeast corner is my desk. The one and only window in the room is between my knitting corner and my desk.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My spare craft/storage table is perpendicular to my desk and helps me have a place to store papers and such.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I have some storage drawers in the corner between the desk & table. They're accessible from the back side.
Photobucket

I still had space along the east wall for the dresser I refinished. I am thinking about replacing it with a bigger one that I have in the garage that is waiting to be refinished.
Photobucket





1 comment:

gale said...

That looks really nice. I wish I had room in my craft space for a comfy chair.