Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bragging on my hubby...

I just had to take a minute and share a project that my hubby made recently for our daughter who is in the Navy. He wanted her to have a special blanket to keep her warm (because it gets cold on the ship) and also to remind her of home and help her to know how much she is loved and missed. I taught him how to crochet a couple of years ago when I began doing a lot of humanitarian aid crocheting & knitting. He wanted to get involved and asked me to teach him how to crochet. He started out making simple baby blankets and then taught himself how to make newborn hats & booties. This is the biggest project he has taken on to date and I think he did a most excellent job!  The pattern is from a Leisure Arts booklet that has sofa size throws in it. He decided how big he wanted it to be, did the math, and adjusted the pattern accordingly. It took approximately 7 1/4 pounds of yarn!  He started the blanket in August and finished it the week of Christmas. Oh, and that's a full size bed. There's not much hangover on the edges, only a few inches on each side and at the bottom but I think it's amazing what he accomplished!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: