Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Belated Valentine's Post

I got so busy trying to get caught up on sharing pics from the craft shows in Nov & Dec that I completely neglected to post these cute Valentine projects I worked on.

This first one is a card I made for DH. Blue is his favorite color so I decided to skip the traditional pink/red color scheme for his card.I used some dsp from one of last year's packs. I can't remember the name of it. I think it might be called blueberry crisp. The stamp set is also from Stampin' Up. It's called You're My Type.

Photobucket

The next project I worked on was 24, yes I said 24 nugget boxes. I know, I know. I'm a total glutton for punishment. In my defense I did decorate them simply. I made them for my girls to hand out to their friends at school. They are both well beyond elementary school and the handing out of Valentine's to an entire class, but they do still enjoy giving things out to their friends.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is my favorite nugget box. I decorated it using an owl sticker from a set I purchased on clearance at Michael's. This cute little box went to my oldest daughter and is filled with dark chocolate nuggets.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The next projects I made were for a Valentine's themed swap I participated in on Ravelry in the Trash to Treasures group. We had to make something for our swap partner to wear, something hand knit/crocheted, and something that was recycled/upcycled.

For the something to wear category I made this bracelet.

 Photobucket

I packaged it in this cute recycled Kay's Jewelers box that I decorated.

Photobucket

Photobucket

For the something hand knit, I made this Hearts Dishcloth.

Photobucket

Well I think that about sums up the Valentine's projects I worked on. Stay tuned for some cute Easter projects that WILL be posted BEFORE Easter. ;)

No comments: