Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hand dyed yarn & hats

Thanks to the Kool Way To Dye group over on Ravelry, I have quickly become addicted to dyeing my own yarn. The purple yarn started out a very unappealing shade of lavender. I dyed this several months ago, so I can't remember what flavors of Kool-aid I used. You'd think I'd learn to write this stuff down!  The variegated yarn started out as a cream color. I handpainted it using several flavors of Kool-aid. If memory serves me correctly, I used Jamaica, Pina Pineapple, Berry Blue, and Lemon Lime. The purple that showed up is where the Jamaica and Berry Blue ran together. I'm really quite pleased with how it turned out. The hats I made out of it are a variation of the All Day Beret pattern from the Red Heart website.

Photobucket

Photobucket

 Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love the way the colors spiraled when I did the crown decreases. It looks so cool.

Photobucket

No comments: