Thursday, May 10, 2012

Knit Happens

I bet you thought this would be a knitting project post. Nope, just a knitting themed paper project!  :)  I made this notebook for a knitty friend of mine who is having a hard time right now. I hope it made her smile when she got it in the mail. I sure smiled while I was making it for her. Kinda hard not to smile while thinking about her because she's so sweet.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

For those of you paying attention, yep, that's the same paper I used on the cupcake notebook for another friend recently. I made use of a large scrap leftover from that project for this one. It's kind of hard to tell, but the "knit happens" is embossed with a red sparkly embossing powder from Stampendous. It's called "red dragon". I used some glossy accents on the basket and find myself wishing I would've used it on the yarn too. The end of the knitting needles are little dew drop type embellishments. And last but not least I used some Stickles to jazz up the paper a bit. I'm beginning to think that glitter is my signature item. I LOVE using it!

1 comment:

gale said...

Yep, I noticed the paper because I loved that paper so much. Great job on the notebook-what a cute one it is. Your friend will love it!