Thursday, May 17, 2012

More Dyed Yarn

I've been meaning to share these pics for several weeks now. I dyed this yarn right after Easter using leftover Easter egg dye. Once my girls were done dyeing eggs, I put the leftover dye to good use rather than dumping it down the drain.

The yarn is from Knitpicks and is called Bare Swish Worsted. It is a 100% superwash merino wool that comes undyed so that you can do it yourself. I had ordered four skeins of it a while back but didn't really feel inspired as to how to use it. The Easter egg dyes finally inspired me. Oh and just in case you're wondering, the yarn is deliciously soft and snuggly. I was very surprised at how soft it is. I'm thinking that I'm going to make a blanket out the yarn and just dye more yarn when I run out. I just love the bright colors. As usual, the pics don't quite do the colors justice.

Photobucket

Photobucket
This one is a combo of the leftover yellow & blue dye.
Photobucket
This one used yellow, pink, I think some orange.
Photobucket
This one is all blues & greens.
Photobucket
Pink & orange for this one.

1 comment:

gale said...

Wow-beautiful. If the pictures don't do them justice, they must be amazing in real life. What a great way to use up the extra dye.