Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Punch Challenge

I've been feeling like my mojo in non-existent and that all I've been making is the same old stuff. When I commiserated with friends about it on Facebook, my friend (and Stampin' Up enabler) Meranda suggested a challenge to make a card front using our punches.

I love the first card but can't take any credit whatsoever for the creation. I cased a card off of Pinterest that had inspired me a while back. I'm kinda so-so about the second card. I had a completely different look going on for it only to scrap it and start over. You know how sometimes you think a project needs just a little something more but then when you add it you realize "oops, that was too much"?  Well that's what happened with the second card. It was way cooler before I messed it up and had to start over. I also should've learned my lesson from the first card and whole "it's too much" thing. I'm not loving the prisma glitter on the ice cream cone. Oh well. C'est la vie.

The third card I just threw together so I could use up the cute ribbon. A friend gave me some chocolates for my birthday and that ribbon was tied around them. I saved it thinking it would be perfect for a project of some sort and the card just kinda went together from there. I realized after I had it done though that the ribbon was crooked. Yep, one of those kind of crafting days. Perhaps I should consider being less of a perfectionist. LOL  Speaking of perfectionism, please forgive the spot on the 1st card...apparently I had something on my camera lens. Sigh.

Photobucket 
Supplies Used:
Cardstock: SU Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Concord Crush, :Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Crumb Cake
Stamp Sets: CTMH Happy Birthday
Inks: CTMH Gypsy
Misc: CTMH Smoky Plum Brads (dipped in glue & glitter), Martha Stewart edge punch, 

Photobucket 
Supplies Used:
Cardstock: SU Lucky Limeade, Early Expresson, Concord Crush, Poppy Parade, Island Indigo, Peach Parfait
Stamp Sets: SU Sweet Scoops
Inks: SU Early Expresso
Misc: SU Everyday Enchantment Brads, Sizzix Label Die, Stickles, Prisma Glitter

Photobucket
Supplies Used: 
Cardstock: SU Crumb Cake, Island Indigo
Stamps: from the dollar bin at Michael's
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Misc: Nestabilities labels, Prismacolor & Copic Markers, Glossy Accents, misc ribbon.
Photobucket

No comments: